It is because of people like you that we love what we do.
Well over 1,100 babies have been born through Growing Generations’ surrogacy program, alone. That equals hundreds and hundreds of women who saw an opportunity to deliver a dream to another by becoming a surrogate, and at the same time fulfilling on a dream of their own.
Surrogates have told us that carrying a baby for couples or a single that cannot have children on their own is an accomplishment second only to having birthed their own children. Additionally, the surrogacy compensation has allowed them to fulfill on things that just were not going to be possible otherwise, such as paying for a child’s college tuition, buying a home, or starting a business.
We are honored that you are here, reading about our surrogate program. There is a lot to know about being a surrogate, and so we like to keep it simple. Read on to find out more, or start by watching the video to the right to learn how the entire surrogacy process works.
We strongly believe in supporting surrogates during every step of the process. During your admissions phase you will be assigned an expert to guide you through your application and screening. Once you are cleared to be matched, you will be assigned a team that will stay with you for the rest of your surrogacy journey while providing constant, personal support for you and your intended parents.
Our goal is to understand your expectations of the surrogacy process. We will thoughtfully match you with intended parents who desire the same experiences you do.
In addition to personal support, you will also have your own online portal that gives you access to all the materials you will need along the way, as well as step-by-step instructions on what to do, helpful videos and articles, plus more.
If you haven’t watched the video above, take a moment to watch it. This will give you a clear understanding of how to apply and become a surrogate mother inthe GG program. But if you prefer to read it, that’s fine, too. Here are the steps.
- Fill out the easy online survey here.
- Once you have cleared the initial survey, you will be prompted to complete an application that will help us in your screening and to match you with intended parents.
- Once your application is completed and approved, we will contact you to set up a phone consultation that will go over the process in more detail, answer any remaining questions you have, and schedule you a visit to Los Angeles for screening.
The medical process is composed of three basic phases: screening, embryo implantation and maternity/delivery.
- After you have completed your admissions materials and are cleared to be screened, we will schedule you and your spouse/partner (if applicable) to come to Los Angeles for psychological and medical screening.
- It takes about 2 weeks after your screening for results to come in and for clearance to be issued. From that point, we begin to present you with profiles of intended parents that we think are the best match for you.
- Once we have located the right match for you, we will set up what we call a match meeting. This is a way to meet the intended parents before agreeing to move forward. That normally takes 2-3 weeks to schedule.
- If everyone wants to work together, we move you into the legal contracts phase.
- Finally, usually about 2-3 months after your match meeting, you will have your embryo cycle.
- At 8 weeks pregnant, you will be transferred to an obstetrician in your area and GG will continue to support you and your intended parents for the rest of your surrogate journey.
Want to learn more about the medical process? View the video to the left. Here Dr. Bradford Kolb discusses the medical screening, medication and embryo implantation protocols.