Scholarship Program — Terms and Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY: The Growing Generations, LLC. (“Growing Generations”) Scholarship Program is open only to those legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application and who are currently enrolled (or have been accepted to enroll) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (e.g. college or university). Current employees, oﬃcers, directors and agents of Growing Generations and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, beginning August 15, 2016, submit a complete scholarship Application online at Growing Generations’ Website (www.growinggenerations.com/scholarships) no later than December 31, 2016. Limit one (1) Application per Application must include name, contact information, and academic details, and include one essay, official transcripts to verify grade point average (GPA), and one letter of recommendation. No substitutions will be accepted once you have submitted your first original Application. Written responses that are obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All Applications become the property of Growing Generations and will not be returned. Growing Generations assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible entries. By submitting an Application, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Oﬃcial Rules and the decisions of Growing Generations, which are final and binding.
- SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Growing Generations is looking for eligible Applicants who follow directions and submit Applications that are well-written and clearly and creatively address the On or about January 31, 2017 Growing Generations, will select three (3) potential winner based on the criteria of essay originality (20%), relevance to topic (25%) and evidence supported thesis (25%),and (GPA) (30%). Growing Generations will select three (3) of the submitted Applications as the potential Prize Winning Application. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail or mail, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation as explained below. Growing Generations shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. Growing Generations reserves the right to choose less than one Scholarship Prize Recipient if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a suﬃcient number of eligible and qualified Applications. Portions of the Prize Winning Application may be posted on Growing Generations’ Website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
- PRIZES: Three (3) winners will each receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of one thousand dollars USD ($1,000 USD). The Scholarship Prize will be in the form of a check made payable to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient (once the Scholarship Prize Recipient has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Growing Generations. Scholarship Prize Recipient must submit proof of enrollment. Scholarship Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Growing Generations. No cash equivalent prize will be The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Oﬃcial Rules. Applicants agree to be bound by Oﬃcial Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Prize Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required aﬃdavit, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form), is found to have violated the Oﬃcial Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and the Applicant who submitted the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient. Applicants understand that Growing Generations is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. Growing Generations is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the oﬀer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on prizes are sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarship Prize Recipients will be issued 1099 tax forms.
- PRIVACY: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge that Growing Generations and its related companies may also call and/or send you information it thinks may be of interest to
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Prize, the Scholarship Prize Recipients agree that Growing Generations may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, Growing Generations, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by Growing Generations.
- OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Growing Generations will own your Application, including your written response submission, and (b) as between you and Growing Generations, Growing Generations will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to Growing Generations, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). Growing Generations shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission(s) for any purpose which Growing Generations deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submissions.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating, Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Oﬃcial Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Growing Generations and their agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of Ohio without giving eﬀect to any principles of conflicts of law of any Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Ohio and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Scholarship Program, Applicant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Growing Generations as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Growing Generations harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
- FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Prize Recipients (or their parents or legal guardians if they are minors at the time of application) may be required to complete and return an Aﬃdavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and/or Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification or the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize If notification to a potential Scholarship Prize Recipient is returned as undeliverable, the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score may become an alternate potential Scholarship Prize Recipient.
- NO OBLIGATION TO Growing Generations shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Growing Generations may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that Growing Generations, its related companies, aﬃliates, and each such company’s respective employees, oﬃcers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Growing Generations assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Growing Generations’ RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR In the event Growing Generations is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Growing Generations shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program.
- GENERAL Growing Generations reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Oﬃcial Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Growing Generations to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Growing Generations’ failure to enforce any term of these Oﬃcial Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.