Parenting by Choice, Dr. Bergman Shares her Expertise with Kids in the House
You may know Dr. Kim Bergman as the co-owner of Growing Generations and Fertility Counseling Services but did you know that she writes, teaches and speaks extensively on parenting by choice?
She is an expert in her field and has taken that expertise to a great website, Kids in the House (kidsinthehouse.com), where she has a series of videos that visitors can view to gather information on various topics associated with assisted reproduction, surrogacy and same sex parenting.
One of Kim’s most popular videos is about Overcoming the challenges of same-sex parenting.
If you haven’t checked out this amazing site or any of Kim’s video, please do.
You can find all of Kim’s videos (over 20!) for Kids in the House HERE, and listed below. We really feel that our Growing Generations’ clientele will find several of Kim’s videos helpful throughout their Surrogacy process and beyond.
Dr. Kim Bergman’s Videos at kidsinthehouse.com :
- Meet Kim Bergman, PhD
- Advantages and disadvantages of telling kids about AR
- Challenges of same-sex couples during assisted reproduction
- Choosing the right agency for surrogacy or donation
- Coming to terms with assisted reproduction
- Consulting with experts on assisted reproduction
- Explaining unique families through storytelling
- Feeling guilty about assisted reproduction
- Golden Nugget
- How does surrogacy work
- How I created my family
- Making decisions about assisted reproduction
- Overcoming the challenges of same-sex parenting
- Pros and cons of different types of donors
- Protecting your child from homophobia and ignorance
- Psychological screenings for surrogates
- Selecting donors from a bank
- Talking to kids about assisted reproduction
- The advantages of consulting a counselor about ART
- The challenges of assisted reproduction
- The importance of psychological screenings for donors
- The legal rights of known donors
- The role of an agency in the surrogacy process
- What to consider when choosing a donor