Reasons to Consider Donating Eggs
Impressed with the science or interested in the financial aspects of egg donation? Many women are curious about the idea of egg donation, but perhaps not clear on what motivates other women to become donors. Our egg donors are full of heart and provide a gift that is essential in the surrogacy process. They provide something so necessary that surrogacy could not exist without their gift. Here are five reasons our egg donors tell us they were motivated to donate.
- They’re giving life. Plain and simple, you get to create a life and change the lives of those you help. This act of kindness and love is often very appealing to donors. The option to share themselves in a way that others may not be able to do appeals to the altruistic side of most donors.
- They’re honoring a memory. Perhaps they watched as a close friend or family member struggled with infertility. Complications can come after cancer treatments leave women with slim or no chance of producing usable eggs of her own. Choosing to donate your eggs to a couple in need, for whatever reason, could serve as a living memorial to someone you’ve known who has struggled with their own infertility.
- They’re getting paid. The money you will receive as compensation can open a multitude of doors for you. Consider paying off existing debt, creating a nest egg of savings, or even traveling. Many of our donors are young women who are still pursuing their education. If you are in a similar position, consider the ease of managing your studies without the hassle of also having to maintain a part time job. Egg donor compensation could make this a possibility for you.
- They’re not using them. Perhaps you’re not ready to start or add to your existing family right now. Maybe you know that those are options that will never appeal to you. As a result, every month you ovulate an egg that is not fertilized and is shed. Couples working with our surrogacy program have all the desire in the world to create or expand their family. What those couples don’t have are viable eggs. By donating the eggs that you are not currently trying to fertilize, you are ensuring that those eggs are turned into children for couples who will love them endlessly.
- They’re busy. Egg donation is a quick process. From legal paperwork to your egg retrieval, once your profile is chosen by an intended parent(s), we will only require about 3 months of your time. You’ll see a few doctors, take a few medications, undergo a brief procedure and return to your normal daily life. Our donors are often busy women, and find that the quick return on the investment of their time makes sense for their life. The obligation is quick, but the impact is forever.