Becoming a Surrogate Mother: How It Works.
Growing Generations has facilitated the birth of around 1,200 babies through our surrogacy program. This means that hundreds of women have dedicated themselves to our overall goal of fulfilling dreams for those interested in having a family.
Surrogates in our program have told us how incredibly fulfilling it is to help a set of intended parents or a single intended parent achieve their goal of starting a family. And the generous compensation provided by Growing Generations allows surrogates to actually pursue other dreams thanks to the lack of a financial burden.
We are so glad you are interested in Growing Generations and hope that our website can help get you the information you need to make an informed decision. There is a lot to become familiar with so let’s get started with a quick video on the surrogacy process:
Growing Generations firmly believes in assisting surrogates through the entire process. An expert will be assigned to you as soon as the admissions process begins. Once cleared to be matched, you will be assigned a team of experts and they will have your back until the pregnancy is completed.
The ultimate goal of all this assistance is to provide surrogates and intended parents with the exact experience they are looking for and the people with which to accomplish that goal.
Surrogates also have access to an online portal that provides them with helpful tips, videos and articles to help them along the way.
Once the application is cleared, Growing Generations will contact you to set up a phone consultation, where we will address the specifics of the process, and any other questions you have.
After your consult is complete, you will begin working with an Admissions Specialist on paperwork and prescreening, and get set up for your screening appointment in Los Angeles.
Most surrogates make it from consult to screening in about 6-8 weeks.
The medical process is comprised of three major phases: screening, embryo implantations and maternity/delivery.
- Once your application has cleared, you will be scheduled to come to Los Angeles for medical screening and further admissions measures.
- Screening takes 2 weeks to come back. Then you will be presented with profiles of intended parents.
- Then we will arrange a match meeting between you and the intended parents. This takes about 2-3 weeks.
- If everyone wishes to continue, you will move on to the legal phase.
- Once all paperwork is taken care of, you will have your embryo cycle usually within 2-3 months.
- At 8 weeks pregnant, you will be transferred to an obstetrician in your area. Growing Generations does continue to support you and the intended parents throughout the pregnancy.
Want to learn more about the medical process? View the video to the left. Here Dr. Bradford Kolb discusses the medical screening, medication and embryo implantation protocols.