Egg Donor Requirements
When applying to become an egg donor with Growing Generations, your first step is to answer questions regarding your family and personal health history. All potential egg donors will go through a thorough selection process during which time you will be interviewed by one of our specialists who will address your questions and concerns. We have a number of specific requirements for becoming an egg donor.
- Between the ages of 20-30 years old
- Have a body mass index below 26
- At least 5 feet tall
- Have both ovaries
- Have regular menstrual periods
- Free of genetic disorder diagnosis.
- General clean bill of health
- Do not use tobacco
- No history of substance abuse
Family History Requirements
- Able to obtain up to date family history and health status
- No history of multigenerational familial diagnoses such as inheritable cancer, heart disease before age 55, various genetic disorders, etc.
- Some education beyond high school or success in chosen career path
- Willingness to complete medical and psychological screening
- Willingness to use injectable medications
- Flexible schedule for appointments and traveling as needed
While we accept less than 1% of egg donor applicants, please know and understand that our selection process is extensive for a purpose. We screen our donors and take health and mental well-being into consideration to be sure donation is in YOUR best interest. This thorough screening also ensures that you have a high likelihood of being selected by intended parents.
Our online application will determine if you meet the initial requirements to be an egg donor. If you do, then you will be asked to schedule a video consultation with one of our specialists to go over the donation process, expectations, and next steps.
If you have questions about being an egg donor, check out our FAQ page.